To view the short-list, visit: www.design-et-al.co.uk
To enquire about the International Hotel and Property Awards 2013, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What direction do you feel design is moving towards in general terms?
Technological boom in the software’s available for design has seen a grand transformation…. which has resulted design to become more experimental. The visualization of the designer has resulted design to become more innovative, experimental and dynamic in nature.
Emphasis on conscious designing is here to stay.
2. What are the key influencing elements at present?
Our design concepts are sensitive towards the environment, the given site and the end user. Developing a unique identity of the site
which is a reflection of the end user is something that we strive for.
Besides that, sensitivity towards the environment and constant up gradation of technology are the influencing elements.
3. What sort of projects are you working on at the moment?
Apart from the architectural projects which includes Master planning; Mixed used developments, Residential and Commercial Complexes across the Country we are also involved in high end solutions for interiors.
4. A designer’s work is so diverse – how do you manage to hold down a career and a life?
Each role gives enough opportunities to draw inspiration from the other …and as luck has it my wife is also an architect…. which makes things that much easier.
5. Name 5 key essentials for 2013 and beyond.
6. If you could offer one piece of advice when it comes to design schemes, what would it be?
The real challenge lies working within given parameters … and dishing out creative solutions. Stretch the bandwidth of the imagination to the fullest!
7. How important do you feel Design Awards are as recognition of designer’s talents and achievements?
Having won the International Design and Architecture award 2012 was a power booster. It’s the sense of achievement, recognition and sense of appreciation that acts as motivation to outdo oneself each time. A fantastic platform for recognition!
8. What are your aims and goals for the next twelve months?
Setting new parameters…Raising the bar higher each time…Creating challenges for oneself…
9. Final thoughts; tell us a little more about yourself
The car you drive? Toyota
Your favourite place to travel to in the world? London
Your favourite hotel/ restaurant/ bar? Teluk Dalam (Pangkor)
The place that gives you the most energy? Auroville- Pondicherry
And the place that enables you to totally relax? Maldives
Your favourite food and drink? All kinds of sea food / Single Malt
Anything else interesting? Adventure Sports.
Visit: http://www.knsarchitects.com/ for KNS Architects work