Built in 1907-08 by the famous Art Nouveau-architect August Endell, the construction is valid as an extraordinary historic building. Since 1917 it was one of the favoured hotels in Berlin and celebrated its first period of prosperity in the twenties. After many different uses it was rebuilt from 2010 and reopened in December 2013.
The public area of the hotel is arranged on the ground floor such as the main entrance with lobby and reception, restaurant and bar, boarding rooms and smokers lounge, public toilets and back office. The guest rooms are located on the upper floors 1 to 5 – every room was individually designed in relation to the existing architecture, some of them even with original stucco.
There is one suite on the 4th floor and two Spa Suites on the 5th floor. The Spa and gym area is located on the 5th and 6th floor. The 6th floor has been added in close cooperation with the preservation order. In the so-called ‘roaring twenties’ many celebrities, artists, and foreign aristocrats living in exile in Berlin, met and celebrated in this hotel. In the guest rooms and public area bost group berlin used high quality and precious materials e.g. rosewood, marble, highly polished wood and leather, in keeping with the luxury design of the 20s.
The extraordinary decoration in the rooms and public area was designed with original motives of the 20s in Berlin, printed in black and white on glass. Most furniture, decorative lighting and rugs were designed by bost group berlin and specially made for the project.
Photographer: Lucas Müller