Name: Melis Yurtbay
Company: Yurtbay Seramik
Position within company: Marketing Director
Tell us a little about your background in design (education, experience, etc.)
The Turkish company Yurtbay Seramik was founded in 1995. Today, the company boasts a production capacity of 22,000,000 square meters on 700,000 square meters of outdoor and 100,000 square meters of indoor areas. Yurtbay Seramik has been exporting 50% of their production to world-wide companies for more than 20 years with its experienced export team. We create 4 different collections annually for international shows such as Cersaie, Cevisama Covering and Unicera.
Yurtbay Seramik continues its growth with sales power to more than 60 different markets, mainly in the US, Canada, the UK, Romania, Greece, Holland and Israel. Moreover, the sales are growing significantly in Azerbaijan, Syria, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Lebanon. In the domestic market, Yurtbay Seramik has hundreds of retails and corners within the country. Furthermore, the new facility of 80×80, 40×80, 60×120 tiles sizes started production during mid 2016. According to the investment that took place between 2015-2016, Yurtbay Seramik has increased its production capacity by 30%. Yurtbay Seramik offers a variety of product portfolios from polished, rectified and glazed porcelain etc.
How would you describe your personal design style?
According to our product portfolio, it is clear that we design and produce different tiles in order to satisfy our customers with different cultural backgrounds and level of interior design intellectualism. For example, a customer from Canada prefers more natural stone-vise designs rather than a dark green colour marble tile like the UAE market does.
Where does your design inspiration come from?
Our sector has 4 important shows, and every previous show generally effects our upcoming collections. For example, Cersaie tile show took place in September and it’s the most important tile industry show in Europe. To create a collection for Cersaie, we take inspiration from the one of the biggest interior design shows, Salone del Mobile Milano. For instance, in the last show, there was usage of natural wood , concrete and 3D designs. So this is why we designed Ares (concrete look) and Cube (3D wall coverings), we are inspired from up and coming trends.
What projects are you currently working on?
We are now working on Cersaie 2017 collection and already created 15 different designs including stone, concrete and granite. We will welcome our guests in Cersaie with our new designs including Ares, and Cube at hall 16, booth B61-66.
What are your aims and goals for the next twelve months?
As Yurtbay Seramik,
- We aim to complete 4 efficient show collections.
- We work with tailor-made tile designs for our account customers. Understanding our clients’ design expectation, fulfilling their requirements and meeting their expectations are also important to keep our mission of reliable and quality design.
- Also, maintaining production to be respectful towards society and the environment is one of our most important goals.
- It is not that important for us to be giant in our sector, what is more important for us is to sustain Yurtbay Seramik’s earnings into the new investments. In other words, we give respect to our country by providing our sources to support the economy and the society.
Final thoughts; tell us a little more about yourself.
Your most treasured possession?
As we are tile production company so we would like to give answer with our quality policy as an answer:
– To produce reliable and quality products
– To increase efficiency in production
– To ensure contribution of all of the employees to the development of the quality system
– To meet the requirements and expectations of our clients
– To make a production that is respectful towards the society and environment
Your favourite holiday destination?
South of France and Lavender Lands.
Your favourite hotel / restaurant / bar?
Grotta Palazzese Hotel Restaurant