Name: Ms Suzanne Wong
Company: Archasia Hong Kong Limited
Position within company: Projects Director
1. Tell us a little about your background in design.
Started as a decorator for major property development companies in Hong Kong and China, I have been working closely with my long-term clients designing show flat, show house, private club house and private residential projects in the past 15 years.
2. How would you describe your personal interior design style?
Understated elegance is my core style.
3. Where does your design inspiration come from?
Art exhibition, traveling, movies and the nature are my inspirations.
4. In what direction do you feel that design is moving towards in a general sense?
Clever use of space, more individuality and integrated into our every day life.
5. Name five key themes to consider when approaching design in 2015 and beyond.
Any theme will work when the below elements are included:
6. If you could offer one piece of advice when it comes to interior design schemes, what would it be?
Any design schemes should have a soul with a story to tell
7. How important are The International Design and Architecture Awards as recognition of talent and achievement?
It is a very good platform for designers from all around the world to share and learn from each other
8. What projects are you currently working on?
Quite a number of different projects are going on at the moment in Hong Kong, China, and Singapore. The most exciting one for me is the 60,000 sw. ft. private club house.
9. What are your aims and goals for the next twelve months?
I believe so much in positive energy attracts positive energy. The goal of the coming twelve months is no different than my every day goal – use my heart to design, making the result of every project a token of pleasure for both me and my client.
10. Final thoughts; tell us a little more about yourself.
a. Your most treasured possession?
b. Your favorite holiday destination?
Any small quiet town in Europe with true natural beauty
c. Your favorite hotel / restaurant / bar?
Villa Feltrinelli is my favorite hotel. No restaurant and bar is better than my own home.
d. Your favorite book / film / song?
e. Your favorite food and drink?
A very nice cup of hot chocolate.
f. Your favorite way to spend an afternoon?
Sitting outdoor in a tranquil garden with a good book and a cup of tea.
g. If you weren’t a designer, what would you be? Anything else interesting?