Wetzels Brown Partners has recently reached the shortlist for the Yacht Interior Design Award with Better Place, the stunning 50.50m sailing yacht.
Submitted by: Wetzels Brown Partners – www.wetzelsbrown.com
Completion yard: Wally
Naval architect: Tripp Design Naval Architecture
Exterior stylist: Wally / Tripp Design
Interior design: Wetzels Brown Partners
The world’s largest carbon fibre sloop by Wally defines sporty luxury at its best with the inside to outside connections. The brief was to create a really special yacht taking the Wally concept for outdoor living and clean, exciting design style to the next level by adding mega yacht luxury and comfort levels. The team strived to push boundaries, question requirements and provide a framework for a relaxed lifestyle onboard with no compromise for comfort in the detailing of the interior elements and the accessories – specially designed bed linen, fine porcelain and touch screen controls.
The design is based on the following key design principles, which were fundamental to the owner:
1) Modern design that works – Clean understandable routing with ease of access and flexibility of use for both guests and crew.
2) A rejuvenating on the water experience. On board you get the feeling of being in touch with the sea (hull shape is visible throughout).
3) A light spacious feel – Uncluttered space creates a calm and relaxing heaven for the Client.
4) Use of colour – The base finishes are soft shades with unexpected splashes of colour provided by the lighting and accessories.
Bugatti blue identifies owner’s loft with raspberry red, glossy black and ice green in the guest cabins. The crew areas are finished in calming sky blue.
5) Attention to detailing – Streamlined interiors without excessive ornament or accessories. This caters to both the weight saving principles and also the philosophy for this refined state-of-the-art luxury.
Interior photography: Toni Meneguzzo
Exterior photography: Gilles Martin-Raget
The International Yacht and Aviation Awards are now closed. Voting will commence on Monday 11 March. For further information, visit the awards website: http://thedesignawards.co.uk/yachtandaviation/